The Wilderness liturgy was inspired by Jesus' 40 days in the wilderness where he faced his demons, sat with all that is hard and mysterious and painful, within and without. It is an invitation, during Lent to follow Jesus into this rocky, desolate place to examine ourselves, to face our fears, our temptations, our sorrows, our aloneness, and to listen for the still, small voice that calls us to refuse to be numb, calls us to wake up, be alert, look into the eyes of the other gods we worship on a daily basis – success, money, power, comfort, security – name them and confess them and find the path of holy resistance.
"The Wilderness" resources for purchase:
1. The Wilderness Full Liturgy - Includes a PDF download of the entire Wilderness liturgy
2. Music from the Liturgy - Includes mp3s of songs from the liturgy, including:
- Only Grace
- Forgive Us
- Lovely Needy People
- Lamb of God
- Room For Us All
- Must Not Have Known by Hannah Rand
3. Sheet Music from the Liturgy - Includes a PDF download of:
- "Only Grace" SAT Lead Sheet (key of Am and key of F#m)
- "Forsaken" Vocal Lead Sheet (key of D)
- "Lovely Needy People" Vocal Lead Sheet (key of B-flat)
- "Forgive Us" SAT Lead Sheet (key of D)
- "Lamb of God" Lead Sheet (key of E-flat)
- "Room For Us All" Vocal Lead Sheet (key of A and key of G)
We offer a sliding scale for pricing, hoping that this will allow churches to be able to afford what they need. If you are not a part of a church, or this doesn't fit your budget, feel free to choose the price that works best for you.
*This is a digital download. The download is available immediately after purchase.